Tuesday, June 12, 2007

I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hieee everybody….. thoughtfullthoughts are back after a 3 month sabbatical. For the past three months yours truly was in mera gaon mera des, aamaar Kolkata. My stay in cal started off on a happy note. I had the pleasure of having home made food….trust me, its DIVINE!!!!!!! Apart from that I was also really happy about the fact that I was at home at a time when my presence was required at home. My not been there could have had complicated matters. But thankfully that did not happen. I am really really happy about that.

My stay in cal was also very TORTUROUS. For one whole bloody month, I was down with pox. I assure it was bad, bordering on been HORRIBLE at times. In the first three days, I could not watch TV, read books. All I used to do the whole day long was listen to music on my laptop or just lie down on the bed. I did not have the caliber to do anything else. Even drinking water used to take a lot of effort. I have never felt anything that bad. To make matters worse, Jhabs (that’s behna moreee, my sister) and Nishu (bhai mora) also got the pox from me. I actually felt very bad about that.  

My summer training in cal was another screwed up affair. I was doing my internship at ICICI Direct.com (remember, WE BRING GOOD THINGS TO LIFE). Well, nothing good happened in my life!!!!!!!!! I had a really cartoon female as my industry guide. She was supposed to guide me regarding the nitty-gritty’s of finance and marketing. All she taught me in the three months was how to SHOUT your HEAD OFF for no rhyme and reason. Oh, and I also learnt that you ought to have a damn big ego which needs constant massaging if you are in a high post. My faculty guide was another cartoon network. All he wanted was us to go and sit in front of him and hear his gyan. He really screwed my happiness!!!! But, thank god it’s over…..

Then another aspect in which I was not too be disappointed was that I had thought I would freak out in cal. But, as usual that was not to be. I realized going back home for three months is different from going back for 7-10 days. I guess your importance tends to diminish. Guess what, I even went for a movie alone!!!!!! I was that disgusted with life.

But the good part was also meeting up Shekhar, my old friend. We had met after a lot of time and it felt nice to catch up on old times. We had a couple off adda sessions over chai( I personally think it should be our national drink. I guess I will write to manmohan singh about this.  ). Another high point was going to Tarkeswar in a car. It’s a very sacred temple for Shiv jee (Bhole baba). It was AWESOME fun. It was a 146 kilometre journey with a SEXY road.

Another major thing happened while I was in cal. I don’t know whether that “thing” is good or bad??????? All I know it made me more self-reliant than I was previously. It was an experience which I will never forget in my life. I hope no one has to go through what I went through. For the first time in my life, I felt LONELY. It was PATHETIC. Why does it happen that when you want something damn badly, you don’t get it??? There could be people who disagree on this, but it always happens with me!!!!!! But, I guess it has made me a stronger person. There was only one person in this world who could have made me realize “NOT TO EXPECT ANYTHING FROM ANYONE”. That person did exactly that. I have learnt my lesson in a very hard way. I hope things improve, but, I have my doubts. Somehow, it is always messed up!!!!!!

One of my closest friend got married off. The worst part was that I could not attend her wedding. I never thought that was possible, but, I guess it does not always work out the way you want it to. I know she needed me there, but, I could do nothing. When I met her for the last time before she was leaving, I felt very weird. I guess I felt how a father feels when he marries of his daughter (it might sound clichéd and filmy). It is not that weird once you understand the fact that she was a friend, came very close to becoming a bhabhi, a younger sister, a pet whom I could pamper, and finally a friend to whom I could open up to. I am REALLY REALLY SORRY babes. Miss talking to you Take care.

Finally, in this semester I have decided to be blog mere regularly than before. That is due to the fact that I have a schedule in which I have loads of spare time. I have also started subscribing for Economic Times, a bible for any finance student. I HOPE to read it on a constant basis. Let’s see, I have my fingers crossed!!!!! Hope you guys read this... Chow, till the next time which should be pretty soon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shekhar said...

Yes.. I too hope that you are able to blog more regularly from now on. Apparently, once you join a job, it gets more difficult (example: look at me)

And yes, it was wonderful meeting up with you after such a long time. :)

June 14, 2007 at 1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home