Sunday, August 26, 2007

I am tana tan…..

Yesterday evening, the city of Hyderabad was rocked by two blasts in the heart of the city. For people in Kolkata, one of the blasts was in an area similar to the one in Burrabazar. So you can imagine it must have been bad. Since then I have been flooded by frantic phone calls and messages from relatives and friends alike. Lemme assure you that I am fine and in one piece. For once, I was glad that our campus is so FAR from the city, out of harm’s way. Although it was a Saturday and loads of students go to the city, no casualties have been reported from our college (we have had our fair share of that). Thank God.

The positive aspect to come out from the whole blast thing (if there can be a positive!!) was the number of people who called up and were worried about me. It made me feel really nice. There was genuine concern on show. I got calls from people who never call me normally (but, this was abnormal!!!). THANK YOU guys… really mean it.

Had a chat with Tushar yesterday. It was his birthday. We were remembering the old times when we used to freak out in Kolkata. Somehow, the whole memory of landing up at Tushar’s place unannounced to surprise him came back. I guess it was 2 years back. We had thought of surprising him on his birthday. But when we reached there, we were the ones who were surprised. There was LOCK on the gate of Mr. Kataria’s house. On further investigation we found that the bugger was sitting in his office. It took a lot of arm twisting tactics on out part to convince him to come back on time so we could celebrate his birthday. The Gujju that he is, he made all conscious efforts to come as late as possible and save his cash and ass (I don’t know which one he treasures more!! Will ask him the next time). But we were also besharam and waited for him. All in all had a gala time that day. Remember that time we sent anonymous flowers to Tushar. That was a CLASSIC.

Yesterday I spoke also spoke to sis. Felt REALLY REALLY nice. I actually enjoy talking to her. She is one person I can be normal with. No pretence, nothing. She also does understand me. She has an internet connection now, so hope to save money and voice chat with her. Anyways got to go now. Else, I will not get any lunch to eat (it hardly makes a difference, but, still basic sustenance needs). Chow…..

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.

November 11, 2008 at 12:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home