Sunday, June 27, 2010

The summers of ‘90s

Something’s in life never change. When we were in school (it’s been a decade, imagine!!) we used to crib about going to school. The thought process went like this- “what the heck, when will this bloody school end. When will we go to college and enjoy life”. When we graduated to college, we were complaining again. This time the thinking went-“When will I start working and earn some money. Then I would not have to survive on the meagre pocket money. I will have a BLAST when I start earning”. I can tell you my experiences and I guess most will agree, those who don’t are lucky; Now that I have finally started working and earning money, I am thinking-“when will these dreadful days of slogging your ass off end. Getting up in the freaking morning, hurrying to catch the 7:44 fast local, praying that you get an auto rickshaw, reaching office puffing and panting. And then thinking…. I HATE my job”. I really do.
Now when I look back, those school days were awesome. Living in a protected world, meeting friends, those lunch breaks, hogging all the food before anyone else could lay there hands on it. Going back home, go out to play with building/colony friends. Have dinner, watch Doordarshan (remember chitrahaar and super hit muqabla with Krittika Desai!!), go off to sleep. That was awesome. Not a care in the world.
The college days were also awesome. Bunking classes, proxy attendances, going out for movies on shoestring budgets, studying all nights before exams have a charm which cannot be matched.
And now our professional lives. Don’t know, maybe some years down the line, we will look at these days as also good. When we have bigger problems taking up our time. Makes me think about the quote-“Sometimes the road travelled turns out to be more beautiful than the destination reached. Enjoy leading your life no matter what it turns out.” I seriously think we waste a lot of our times complaining and not enjoying our lives. What happens is that we tend to look back on the years gone by and contemplating how much more we could have done and enjoyed. So from now on let’s not crib about life and waste valuable time. I know I am telling this to myself more than anyone else. I don’t know how to end this post…

4 Comments:

Blogger Virgo said...

Well I so so agree to this.... I would definitely start applying.. the last para looked as if u r talkin abt my situation.... Cribbing nvr helps it makes life worse ;) grt going

June 28, 2010 at 5:59 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Agreed....those were "some" days....I know the present will come back to us in future and will make us smile ...as it always does :)

June 28, 2010 at 8:16 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

June 28, 2010 at 8:16 AM  
Anonymous Atul said...

Well written, u hv a gud story for ur blog abt wat hpng arnd u.... Expctng a bang frm u...

April 1, 2011 at 10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home