Sunday, March 2, 2008

WHAT?????

She-“Prashant, I have got engaged”.

Me-“WHAT????????”.

She- “Prashant, I have got engaged”.

Me-“WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!” again…

She-“hang on”, fiddles with her cell. “NOW, can you hear me????”.

Me-Too SHOCKED to say anything.

She-sounding wary, “Prashant I said I got engaged”.

Me-silence.

She-“you there?????"

Me-“yes”.

She-“you heard me????”.

Me-“yes, I did”.

She-“then for godsake say SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!”.

Me-“When”. (I am KICKING myself).

She-“Wednesday.I thought you would congratulate me.”

Me-“ooooo yes, you kidding right??”

(what an ASS am I!!!!!)

And so one of my BEST friends broke the news of her engagement to me. As you would have guessed I behaved like a total JERK. I don’t know what happened. Come to think of it the first reaction after hearing about someone’s engagement is that you ask about the dude. I ROCK!! Anyways the “she” in question is Ms. Sweta(It’s Shweta without a H) Daluka, often known as Topi. Anyone who knows me would have heard the name from me quite often. She has an uncanny knack of finding ways to IRRITATE me and I in turn get pissed off with her quite often. I was just too shocked and numb to react in a different way. People who have met her can understand my predicament better. She is the typical girl-next-door girl who is always falling ill and is one trouble or the other. So, the idea of her getting married and been responsible is too much to digest. Every second day the cartoon network falls BIMAAR and you wonder whether she is BIMAAR or a BIMAARI…. :-)

So another one of my friend getting admitted in the institution called marriage. Majority of my female friends are already life-time members but the guys are yet to go that way. Thank god we have retained our sanity. So what is it about marriage? Suddenly the female’s life goes topsy turvy. What she does and how she behaves is determined whether the hubby would approve of it or not. The poor girl has to behave like goody two shoes 24X7. The mother-in-law takes out the dutiful bahu to be for endless rounds of shopping. The sister-in-laws behave in a very artificial manner and pretends as if the new bhabhi is their best friend (mentally they are thinking, shaadi ke baad dikhate hein, boss kaun hai). The father –in-law always has some words of wisdom ready. I am sure the guys have to go through the same painful experiences!!!!!
I realized it yesterday that the reason for my weird reaction was that I was scared of losing a friend. But I am sure I am wrong (just consoling myself!!!). Anyways, I hope from the bottom of my heart that she has a WONDERFULL married life. Her saas and nanad do not beat her up black and blue.:-)she is an AWESOME female and deserves the best. Three cheers for Topi:

HIP HIP HURRAY…

HIP HIP HURRAY…

HIP HIP HURRAY…

Topi ROCKS…….

Chow……

2 Comments:

Blogger Virgo said...

Hey..chill...when frenz like u are always there for her..she'll be always HAPPY...N believe me You yourself after a year will say "Touchwood.. she is so Happy " :) :) because good things happen to good people..rite!!!!!
n plz congratulate her ache se atleast now...U should...

March 2, 2008 at 11:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hey we never lose good friends...there may be occasions we might not be around even if we are dying to...but remember we always want it the way it always should be...cheers to our wonderful friendship...

March 18, 2008 at 9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home